7.04.2009

Smitten Saturday

Beau-ed Over In preparation for Anna Sui’s Gossip Girl-inspired arrival at Target, I have begun the hunt for magical hair accessories to truly bring out the oftentimes beastly Blair that lies deep within me. Adornments that will add a fierce pizzazz to the flirty, vintage-like frocks that have the designer’s name written all over them; and now, I have found many that perfectly fit the bill from my new favorite shop – Andrea’s Beau. The Dupioni Silk Bow Headband in slate blue would look simply lovely paired with this white wonder. The Velvet Open Rose Adjustable Headband in wine would add such a wonderful pop of crimson against this all-black beauty. And there’s simply no question in my mind that the Floral Paillette Adjustable Soft Headband in pumpkin would add an extra kick of sass to this spicy number. Oui, I’m undoubtedly beau-ed over!

Park It! I suppose I’ve known you all long enough to make you privy to a little tidbit that not many close to me are aware of. Online shopping? Well, to put it bluntly, it’s quite an obsession of mine. Yet even I, a skilled Online shopper find that locating the perfect piece to fit the picture in your mind can be downright drudgery at times; which is why I’ve become quite reliant on 25Park. Namely, their quintessential Quick Guides, which literally point you in the right fashion direction depending on the type of event, or style you’re shopping for. Sixteen different categories – The Lady Who Lunches, Sexy Attire, The Working Woman, Boho Chic, The Pregnant Girl, Great Gift Item, Formal Attire, Bang For Buck, Bridal/Baby Shower, Cocktail Attire, Rehearsal Dinner, Beach Attire, Press Clippings, Warm Weather, Great Holiday Attire, Ski Bunny – cover every fashion predicament you may find yourself in, and give you the ability to make finding what you’re searching for an absolute cinch. If you must know, I’m off to visit them right now. What am I looking for today? Hmmm...perhaps some Cocktail Attire.

A Rush of Beauty to the Lips You will never find me out and about with anything less than six – count that, six – tubes of lip gloss taking up residence in my handbag. No, I don’t keep them on hand for those moments infiltrated with stolen kisses from the bevy of cute boys who come in and out of my life; I’m simply addicted, and can’t be without the fruity-tasting shine sticks. Hence, due to my years of devotion to lip gloss, I count myself as an expert on the subject of all things glossy, and proclaim here that the greatest gloss on the planet? Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush. In less than a year I’ve used Mango Madness, Bubble It Up, Grapefruit Blast, and Strawberry Fizz, four flavors that were glorious to the very last drop. High, long-lasting shine; yummy, scrummy flavors. Darlings, it’s a rush of beauty to the lips!
Miss Marc Roald Dahl’s Matilda one of my favorite books since the first time I read it back in the first grade. In my mind, I was Matilda, sans the nasty, uncaring parents. I even purchased a doll that was the spitting image of the patchwork toy Matilda lugged around with her; a doll whom is sitting in the garage right now, and who looks quite a bit like the kitschy, bug-eyed, raven-haired Miss Marc thought up by the marvelous Marc Jacobs. A discovery, of course, which leads me to believe that my newfound obsession with the Miss Marc in question has quite a bit to do with my devotion to the fiction of my childhood. L'un numéroter on my Miss Marc lust list? The Miss Marc Ballet Flats. Next in line is the Miss Marc Tote with Beach Accessories. And, not to be forgotten, the Little Miss Marc Cover-Up because a day at the beach surely isn’t complete without a little company from Miss Marc. Not to mention that the peachy color, back keyhole, and tres chic gathers simply make me giddy. Have you met Miss Marc?

Baby Love I have just come to a very important realization. While babies are tres adorable and fun to play with; I’m beginning to think that one of the underlying reasons for people to want to have babies has quite a bit to do with the perfectly charming favors they can hand out at their baby showers! Regardless of the fact that I’m not attending a baby shower myself, nor am I having a baby of my own, I happened to be browsing Baby Shower Favors the other day and...well, I’m sorry to admit, I found many things that I desperately want. The Two Peas in a Pod Candle is just about the sweetest thing I have ever laid eyes on, and brings back memories of my childhood love for Cabbage Patch Kids dolls – one of which is still sitting in my bedroom. The Classic Pram Favor Boxes with Unique Expandable Bonnets are reminiscent of the carriages seen being pushed up and down Park Avenue by posh society ladies, and would look rather divine decorating a glossy bureau – or even my desk at work! The Magic Slippers Shoe Bottle Opener are a well-heeled treat for the shoe obsessed, and a necessity for the kitchen. And the Enchanted Carriage Favor Boxes? If I must confess...they make me feel like Cinderella. I wonder if someone would think me strange if I threw a Baby Shower with no guest-of-honor to be spoken of; just for the fun of it, and the opportunity to buy some of these Baby Shower Favors!

A O-K Pop Over the past three years that I have been visiting the deliciously wicked Perez Hilton, I have become well-aware of one very important thing...Perezzie? Well, he has the most divine taste in music, always managing to discover new talents before they have actually been discovered. His current musical crush du jour? South Korea’s K-pop girl group Wonder Girls. They’re supremely cute, with fun retro-inspired fashions and hairstyles. If their debut U.S. single Nobody is any indication, they’re amazingly talented. And, obviously, they’re destined for stardom in the States. Love them!


What were you smitten with this week?


Fashionably yours!


Thanks to Phil Poynter Photography and Saks Fifth Avenue for the pictures.
SHARE:

21 comments

Charlotte said...

I love the wonder girls! They're cute and the clips is so funny.

And ohmy, you have so many glosses in your handbag :)!

Couture Carrie said...

I am sooo excited for Anna Sui at Target!

This week, I am smitten with a vegan bag I just got by Matt & Nat ~ have you ever heard of this company?

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

P.S. Happy 4th, darling!!

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

I'm very excited for Anna Sui at Target as well. I definitely must pick up some of those looks.

All of the headbands are lovely! I too have developed an interest in headbands thanks to Blair.

I love the Miss Marc designs. They are all so cute!

Haute World said...

Wow, six lipglosses? I thought I was bad carrying three around ;-) Love the Miss Marc range as well, though I have yet to have purchased anything from it. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! :)

Casey Lewis said...

I love, love, love Miss Marc. Never made the Roald Dahl connection, but it's right on.

Happy 4th!

Tasha said...

Those quick guides at 25park.com are such a great idea...I need something like that for my own wardrobe though hehe! Wake up, choose a category - outfit sorted! :D

Sherin said...

I've had a look at the target collection and want it all so badly. Why isn't there a target here???
And the baby stuff is soooo cute

Angela said...

anna sui at target, can't wait. and i adore those roses in the 1st pic. have a fab 4th of july.

fashiongrail said...

I'm the same way with lipgloss! I've lost count to the amount I carry around with me! lol

Unknown said...

I am super excited for Anna Sui to come to Target, I love what designs I have sen already. And i love Victoria Secret lipgloss, I have about 30 of them from over the last three years!
XOXOXO
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy
Enter my Giveaway!

Is This Real Life? said...

Such a great post!
I love all the anna sui for target dresses too, just wished I lived in the us to beable to get some!
Oh and I've got a great giveaway happening on my blog just now you should check out!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

If we lived close to each other, I would have a fabulous cocktail party and invite you so we could wear our newly acquired cocktail attire. Mine would be the Gryphon sequin tunic. You?

Nikolett said...

Adorable post! I wish we had a Target here, because that line is getting me so excited. I love hair accessories, I just wish I could pull them off!

And ahh, I love Wonder Girls and I hope they make it in the States!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Erika, darling, we are ridiculously alike! I loooove Victoria's Secret's Beauty Rush lipglosses - in fact, I swear by them!

And your honest fact solidifies our similarities. Off the shoulder tops are my absolute FAVORITE to wear - I find showing a bit of the decolletage & shoulder is much more sexier than the leg or cleavage. A majority of my wardrobe consists of such pieces!

bisous,
La C.

Anonymous said...

Really fun post!
I can't wait for the new Target line - the creamy dress with the blue bow is adorable!

yiqin; said...

Matilda is def one of my fave roald dahl books!

Mademoiselle ♥♥ said...

Beautiful post, this week I was smitten with
Pistatchio Nougat
New chanel store
delicious food
and Miu Miu Fall 2009 collection

xx

www.janetteria.com said...

I can't wait for Anna Sui for Target creations...but Hungary hasn't got a Target boutique...eBay!

XoXo

Eda said...

I loved this post!

Little Bow Prep said...

That first pic is darling!

Lovely post!

© cat eyes & skinny jeans | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig